Monday, July 17, 2006

Not too much to say today but wanted to express my sympathy to Emily and her husband Jonny on the loss of their precious baby over the weekend. You are both in my thoughts and prayers - stay strong and remember we are all here for you *hugs*

To Anonymous Kate - thanks for your "caring" comment last night but when you have a boss who sends you home if you go to work coughing etc... I decided that there was no point in making the 1 hr journey to work in the cold morning air when there would be a 95% chance of being sent home again which would take even longer as the train would stop at all stations... I know I don't have any disease but I am taking care of myself and my precious baby!

So have spent the day drinking hot lemon and honey drinks with glasses of OJ in between the hot drinks and am starting to feel a bit better.

Right things to do, calls to make... catch ya all later

8 comments:

Yummy Mummy said...

Hi there Karen
Hope that you are feeling better soon and getting much needed rest. Remember that no on knows you better then yourself.. listern to what your body is telling you...

Tarns said...

Hey Karen,

You dont have to justify yourself to anyone , you know whats right and man there are some nasty bugs out there so good on you for staying away.

Take care

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tarns.. if anonymous knew what you had been through with the other pregnancies it is better that you look after yourself now.

Chubbymum

JustJo said...

Thanks for yesterday chickee! It was great.... so are you! Do what you have to do for you - if it means taking a week off - take a week off! Just be kind to yourself....

Kate said...

Lol, that's a really strange comment for someone to make considering we are all always bugging you to stay home if you need to!!

Hope you just keep feeling better, especially since I'm sure reading Emily's post must have stirred up some sad memories for you (hugs!).

Anonymous said...

If more people kept their coughs and sore throats at home, then you and me may not be suffering now, I have the worst throat ever, bugger must have picked that up somewhere... oh yeah from my boss who brought his germs to work!!!!!

Look after yourself,

Margaret

Anonymous said...

I personally wish people WOULD stay at home more too.

Margaret, you've got it right on!

Take care Karen, hope you're feeling one hundred percent soon, and good on you for looking after your pregnant self so well :o)

Anne said...

Thanks for your support Karen.

You are right keeping that bug at home!