Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hi all

Have had a great day or as great as it can be anyway... work went well but I must say that one of the temps is a BIG lady and when it came to lunch time she sat there and ate a bag of chippies and a chocolate bar for lunch!!! All I wanted to do was go up to her and shake her and say "NOOOOOO don't eat that!!!! That is not a meal!!!!" But I just sat there and will try to SLOWLY show her some healthy eating by setting an example but I have a feeling she will be a hard one to crack through! I certainly don't believe in forcing anyone to lose weight or to eat heathly if they don't want to but when I see someone this big (and about my age) eating meals like that I just want to shake them and show them "the light" so to speak!

On to baby stuff - all went well at the scan and yay the placenta has moved up enough to enable me to have a "natural" birth (i.e. not a forced c-section)! Can't believe how much she has grown in the last 9 weeks since my last scan! Her estimated weight as at the scan was 4lb 11oz so looks like I am in for a nice big baby if she continues to grow!!! My friend Jo (who had her wee girl a couple of weeks ago) also had a 32 week scan and her girl was estimated at just over 4lb and gave birth to a nearly 9lb'er!!!!! So will have to wait and see how the next 7 weeks go! :)

We picked up our pram that had been on lay-by and got it home to find that it was the wrong one that they had put aside for us!!! Grrrrrrrr!!! Tried calling the Baby Factory but they had already closed so will be calling them first thing in the morning!!!! I certainly hope that they still have one of the ones we want (and have paid for) in stock otherwise I sure will be one grumpy horomonal bitch!!! Also got a couple of toys whilst there to give her as part of her Christmas present from her mummy and daddy! I know over all she will be FAR to young to know what Christmas is but hey her mummy and daddy still have to give her a present and perhaps even Santa might even visit! LOL

But anyway, best I get moving and do some bits and pieces.... Antenatal class tomorrow night - tomorrow's overview is Pain in Labour, Coping with Pain, Medical pain relief options, Second Stage of Labour and medical intervention in second stage.... and oh foot massaging too! :) Then of course I have Friday off... yay!!! LOL

Catch ya later...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Excellent news on the scan chic, and with the placenta moving up you now have the natural birth option......yay!

Can't wait to hear about your antenatal class.....I use to love mine.

Anne said...

That was good news about the scan Karen:)

LOL at you wanting to sort out the temps eating habits!!

Yummy Mummy said...

Hope that they have that pram somewhere out the back for you !!!

Carla said...

i was rapt to get your text yesterday about your scan, natural birth yay! i hope you got your pushchair prob sorted? what poos!!