Friday, September 22, 2006

Yay - am on my first day off today and so far its been great! :) Roll on next Wednesday when I have my next day off work...

Managed to go back to sleep till about 8.45am after Steph left for work this morning so that was great and then it was nice just being able to take my time showering and having breakfast etc... I had an appt with the podiarist this morning as my feet needed some TLC and I am having probs reaching my nails and rubbing lotion etc into them now. So it was nice to have someone else do my nails and file my heels and give me a nice foot massage. Then headed to Lower Hutt to look at some maternity bras :) Went to Lynn's Lingere (sorry can never spell that word) in Naenae as I still had a voucher from there from Christmas time - so had a professional fitting with them and wasn't really surprised to find I am still at my pre pregnancy size in bra's! :) So got one from them and then went to Farmers and got myself another 2 (same brand as the earlier one) but different colours and cheaper too! And then it was made cheaper again as they had buy 2 and get 20% off! :) Also got some cute little pink clothes hangers for our wee girls wardrobe as she already has a couple of nice dresses and jackets which I want to hang up once her wardrobe is up in her room. Also got a couple of soft rattles as they also had 20% off when you got 2 or more :) I was drawling over the baby clothes there but have promised Stephan that I will buy no more baby clothes etc until after the baby shower and then we will go through everything and see what we still need :)

Oh in regards to the pram situation - not looking great at the moment as the one we got was end of line in that model and they now only have one left (apparently the Lower Hutt store got sent all of the models from around the country to get rid of) which is the floor model so they are putting that aside for us to go and check out on Sunday (when the assistant manager will be on duty) but I refused to commit to taking that one without checking it first and besides whenever I take a floor model of whatever I am purchasing I always insist on a discount as well so will have to do some talking with the lady on Sunday. But then I got home today to a message on the answerphone from the Baby Factory saying that they have had to send the pram (the floor model) away today due to a damaged wheel and that it won't be back for about 10 days!!!! GRRRRRRRRR I think we will still go down on Sunday though and chat to the lady and also have a look at other options and see what "compensation/discount" we may get from them for their stuff up!

Not much else happening really... was going to pop into my friend Lynaires place on the way home from the Hutt but she was going out at 1.30pm and by the time I had finished all my bits and pieces and had some lunch it was 1.20 so decided to come home and blob out instead! Can't wait for the nursery to be finished (fingers crossed that will be by the end of the weekend) so we can move everything into it, assemble the cot and wardrobe and then make a start on sorting things out etc... I want to track down the containers with all the clothes in it so I can make a start on washing them all etc but at the moment they are at the back of everything in the spare room so I just have to be paitent! LOL And for those that know me really well - that is easier said than done for me at times! LOL

Anyway, I am getting uncomfortable here so best I get moving and do something else... will pop back over the weekend on the progress of the nursery and how we get on at Baby Factory on Sunday.

Catch ya all later

2 comments:

Tarns said...

oh honey, the pram situation sounds like it sucks...I would be asking for compensaiton of them giving you another pram of your choice at the same cost as you paid! Glad you enjoyed your day off! Take care, Tarns

Anne said...

Not great service with the pram, I'm sure they will sort it out thouugh but hang out there for a discount.

Sounds like a great day off:)