Monday, September 11, 2006

Hi ya

Ended up having a very quiet night at home on Saturday and doing some baking knowing that we were busy on Sunday. Made a banana loaf and a chocolate slice - quite relaxing really for a Saturday night :)

Had a great day yesterday at the Parent and Child show - probably a bit pricey for what we got but it was fun being pregnant and getting samples and entering god knows how many competitions - lost count of how many times I wrote my name and address etc... LOL I was shattered after 2 1/2hrs of walking around there but we left with many bags of samples :)

Had lunch in Lower Hutt, before stopping at the hopsital to visit my friend Jo and her parter Damon and their new wee girl Maddie. We arrived just as Maddie was getting her nappy changed so managed to get a great cuddle with her and to get very cluckly indeed!

Home and I tried having a rest whilst Steph went to his parents to give his mother her birthday card and gift voucher... didn't get much of a rest as the kid across the way was sitting in his dad's car tooting the horn non stop and then Charlie started squawking so between those two I gave up trying to have a sleep!

Had another crap night last night and when I eventually managed to dose off (sometime after midnight), my precious wee girl got the hiccups which kept me away for another 30 mins or so!!!

Busy day at work today and did 2 1/2 hrs overtime and will probably do about an hour extra each night this week but will play it by ear and see how I am going. Can't work to late tomorrow as we have the MW coming around for a visit and then I am on to fortnightly visits from then on...

Right off to bed now.... catch ya all later xx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i love going to those show/exhibition thingys... but they are sooo exhausting!!

I know what you mean about bubby keeping you awake at night- I havent had the hiccup feeling yet but I do wish there was an "off button" sometimes as the squirming is outta contol!!!

:)

Jaxx said...

I can't remember the twins moving much...... You know when the MW comes fortnightly, time is getting near :)

Anne said...

This is just the start! That wee girl will keep on keeping you awake:)

Rachel said...

Fortnightly visits aye......oh getting closer :)

If I were you chic, I would be doing a bit of extra baking and putting it in the freezer as the last thing you are want to do with a newborn is bake.

I also did a double meal once or twice a week and put this in the freezer...............god send believe me.

Sue said...

Hope you had a bettter night's sleep.

Yummy Mummy said...

Hi karen...
Really on the count down now!!! Don't be afraid to ask your dr to give yousomething ot help you sleep.. especially in the last few weeks. I did with all of the kids as I get so grumpy with lack of sleep... ou have to get your rest.. your body is quite busy making that little wee girls of yours... so rest!!!
I don't often comment, but please be assured I never miss an update!!!
Take care of yourself and get some rest!!!
Kirsty x