Monday, September 18, 2006

Hi ya

Going back to my last update on Saturday afternoon... I must admit that painting the skirting boards wasn't as easy as I thought it would be whilst pregnant but I got the first coat done :) We ended up having a very quiet night on Saturday - watched "24" that we had taped on Friday night and then I was in bed by about 9.30pm!

Managed a wee sleep in and was in at work by 10.45am - worked for 5hrs (and got heaps done) so was home again by about 4.15pm. Did some baking and made a batch of Orange Honey mini muffins, then cleaned Charlies cage out, then cooked tea, dishes and then just blobbed out in a lovely relaxing bubble bath - ahhhhh bliss!!! Just me and my princess having fun in the bath! She really does seem to come to life when I am soaking in the bath which is fascinating for this Mum to be! :) Whilst I was at work, Steph got 2nd and 3rd coats on everything in the nursery and even got the first coat on for all of the cutting in work that had to be done! All going well, we will have at least one of his sisters and his mum here on Saturday assisting in the painting so fingers crossed by Sunday evening, the room should be ready to have things moved back into it!

Today, was another full on day at work but we managed to complete everything and we were able to be finished by about 30mins later than normal :) We have our 2 new temps starting on Wednesday so the next 4 weeks will be full on with training etc.... and then L finishes next Friday so my last two weeks are gonna be pretty full on and stressful at times. Am quite pissed off with my boss at the moment as he is having the Friday before I finish up off on Annual Leave - this happens to be our close off for the pay and one of the busiest days in our pay cycle... I will be in charge with 2 new temps and P who started 5 weeks ago! I am not looking forward to it at all and have told him that but he just tells me to relax and that will be ok! Oh I am now on to 4 day weeks from now on.... I have Friday off this week, then the next 3 weeks I have Wednesdays off and then I finish the following Wednesday (18th Oct). Real scary now! LOL

Still getting heaps of movement from bubs - and have my scan on Wednesday afternoon to check to see if the placenta has moved up or not so will keep you posted on that.

Right time to go organise the lunches for tomorrow... catch ya later

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice supportive boss you have there mate...........NOT!!!!!

Count down the days honey, that will make you feel MUCH better.

4 days a week - how lovely!

Yummy Mummy said...

Hi there Karen...
Glad that things are coming together in the nursery... won't be long now!!!

Leighanne said...

Can't wait to see how the nursery turns out!!

Those muffins sound yummy:)

Anne said...

You will have to take some photos of the finished room. Must feel good to be onto the 4 day weeks:)