Wednesday, October 18, 2006

37 down.... 3 to go....

OMG it is getting scary now - 37 weeks today with only 3 to go... well until the EDD anyway. So anytime now is considered a "term" baby so thats real scary in my eyes!

Still haven't finished packing our bags yet... got some snacks sorted, got my basics in the bag (nighties, pads, breast pads and knickers) - but still need a bit more in there so might work on that this afternoon if I can. Still got to organise the labour bag with CD's, rescue remedy, the snacks, water bottles, etc... and then can't forget to pack Steph's togs as well as a change of clothes for him :) We have decided to labour for as long as possible in the bath and all going well we will get the suite with the birthing pool as well... so at this stage my plan of attack for pain is water and gas and thats it.... but for those that know me well they just laugh and tell me there is no way I will get through the birth without at least an epidural! But I AM THINKING POSITIVELY and thats all I can do for now - so will wait and see what happens at the time.

It is a beautiful Wellington day today with the sun shining and not much wind at all! By 9.30am this morning I had 5 loads of washing on the line (not much room left on it) - 3 loads of baby things! Got say again I just love a line full of washing on a sunny day! One of our neighbours never seem to use their line - just the dryer continously (can hear it from our carport).

So today, I am heading out very shortly (as soon as I finished this) to head to the library to return some books and get some more out... then to Petone to meet up with Rachel for lunch before going to the Baby Factory... then home for a relaxing couple of hours before Steph gets home. Oh bugger just realised that I have to do some baking this afternoon as well for Steph's rifle club wind up supper tonight - well I am sort of cheating today as Steph really wanted chocolate fudge brownies to take tonight so we bought a packet of the Edmonds Ready Mixture which we just add eggs and milk too... so fingers crossed it turns out ok.

Oh before I go - here is the latest belly shot taken last night - 36 weeks 6 days :)


Right gotta get moving - catch ya all later :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

HELLO.......your suppose to be relaxing not running around like a mad women!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you off more when I see you for lunch today.....hehehe

Love the belly shot!

Anne said...

Good to catch up on your news - real count down time now:)

Must admit I used to love seeing the nappies flapping on the line - strange women we are at times.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bump!! She's definitely grown since last time. Can't wait to 'meet' your little one! Wow - full term - that is fantastic! Not long now!

Anonymous said...

Karen, that's a cute belly! Lucky you, it's not too big! Then again, babies put on the most weight in the last month or so.... hee hee. I should know, I've had 6 of them, smallest 7pounds, largest 10pound 12 ounces... he hurt! Good luck, it's fun really!

Tania said...

You must be getting so excited now, only 3 weeks to go!!!