Thursday, November 30, 2006

Morning all :)

Wow what has happened to the weather??? It is absoutely disgusting outside!!! Can not believe that tomorrow is the 1st Dec with this weather that we are having!!! I am so looking forward to BBQ's and swims but with the way this weather is carrying on I can't see either of those happening anytime soon! I certainly hope it clears up real soon and that we do get a "real" summer real soon! :)

I am in the process of deciding which hurts the most at the moment - my neck/back which is causing daily headaches (and living on Nurofen) OR my toothache!!! I had been contemplating going to the Osteopath for myself but now with the toothache I can see myself needing to visit my dentist in the next few days! And the problem with whatever treatment I get for my back/neck it will take more than just one visit - usually you need at least 4 visits for these sort of things and that all adds up big time in the $$$$$!

Rachel is 4 weeks old today!! Wow where have the last 4 weeks gone??? They sure have flown by in my eyes thats for sure!!! This time 4 weeks ago, I was in the bath in the delivery suite... oh those memories! :) Must take some photos of her later today when she wakes up :)

Yesterday, Rachel and I spent the day up at Mums (in Raumati) which was really great and Rachel was well behaved and slept most of the time. Though she is enjoying her "floor" time more now both on her back and on her tummy and I love laying on the floor beside her talking and playing with her. My brother in Aussie has said that they will buy us one of those flash activity gym/play mats so I just need to go and get the one that I want (with no price limit) and they will transfer the funds through to our account so might do that over the weekend :) Rachel had a great sleep last night from 7.15pm to 1.15am! I was staying up waiting and waiting for her to wake about 10pmish and gave up waiting about 10.30pm and couldn't believe my eyes when I heard her grizzling and saw that it was 1.15am! She guzzled her bottle down and then ended up with a tummy ache! Gees she is just like me at times - real scary! LOL

Today, we were supposed to go walking with one of the ladies from the Antenatal group and her gorgeous son who live just around the corner from us but with the weather being so yuck the walking has obviously been postponed but we are going to try to set one day each week that we meet up and go walking. So looks like it will be a quiet day at home today which suits us really since we have been out every day this week!

Tomorrow, the MW will be coming tomorrow (have just paged her as I can not recall for the life what time she said she would be here) so will be interesting to see what Rachel is weighing then since she is drinking so much nowadays :)

Anyway, time I got off my butt and did some bits and pieces around here... probably should have had a snooze while Rachel is sleeping... hmmm might still try to do that and hope that she sleeps for another hour or so.

Catch ya all later

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I agree about the weather......what happened to it being summer tomorrow?????

Mind you it has stopped raining here in Petone but the wind is still pretty bad.

Can't wait to hear how much that gorgeous girl weighs now as she is looking heaps bigger now.

Hope you got a sleep in :)

Anonymous said...

Time certainly goes fast when you have little ones that is for sure!

Get lots of sleep hun it certainly helps.

The weather here is sooo bad too and it is frustrating me no end... as it is my day off.

I wanted to go for a walk but I sooo hate being ikky and wet he he he.

Love CM