Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hi everyone

Firstly my apologies to anyone that may have been offended or upset by the photo of Rachel in the shower with her daddy... I certainly didn't think that it would offend people as it had been severely edited to show basically Rachel enjoying herself. I won't be sharing the next photo of her in the shower though as that was with me and believe me that ain't no pretty picture! LOL

So what have we been up to... not a lot really. Still dealing with Rachels reflux and constipation issues which are proving stressful and frustrating at times but with the help of an online support group and also a friend of mine in Dunedin who has two children who are reflux sufferers we are slowly learning more about it. I paged the MW yesterday afternoon but unfortunately it was her weekend off and her back up rung me back but wasn't that helpful so will wait till tomorrow when I will call Edith and have a chat to her to see if there is anything else that she can suggest for now. We will also be heading to the Drs later this week for Rachels 6 week immunisation shots so we will talk to the Dr as well if the MW can't suggest anything further.

Yesterday was a very frustrating day with Rachel not doing much sleeping at all during the day - just grizzling, crying, feeding and dosing off and on... She finally went down properly about 8pm when she slept through till 12.45am. Mangaged to stay in bed till 9.30am this morning with her sleeping in bed with us. Might look at doing that on the weekends to ensure we all get a wee sleep in.

Today hasn't been to bad and after a trip to Petone to the Warehouse and then a nice walk along Petone foreshore, we are home again for a quiet evening. Rachel is in her bouncer and watching me type away... and starting to get grizzly for a feed so best I get moving to organise a bottle for her.

Not a lot on this week at this stage - the last "Baby and You" class tomorrow and then the Osteopath on Tuesday and thats about it I think! Wow so quiet compared to last week. Might try to get the "thank you" and Christmas cards done. No Christmas tree up as yet - might ask Steph to get it down from the ceiling space in case I feel up to it (and get the time) during the week.

Okay gotta go now... catch ya all later - have a good week everyone

7 comments:

Crafty Japan said...

Karen.....I thought the photo in the shower was just gorgeous!!

I can't understand anyone having a problem with something so natural...

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen

I think the shower photo is just gorgeous also!
Just beautiful!!!!

Lynda said...

No one was offended were they? I thought that photo was gorgeous!

Rachel said...

Love ALL the photo's of wee Rachel and if anyone is getting offended.....weird???!!!!

A nice quiet week will be nice for you to catch up on your cards and get the Christmas tree up, plus it will give Rachel something sparkly to look at :)

Catch up with you soon chic.

Tracy said...

Surly no one was offended!!!! It is a beautiful picture, I think you shouls get it framed & put on display, it is one of the most fantastic pictures of a father & daughter. She is a beautiful child & you are doing a great job.

Anne said...

I love those father baby shots - beautiful photo and can't see why anyone would be offended.

Anne said...

I love those father baby shots - beautiful photo and can't see why anyone would be offended.