Monday, February 19, 2007

Hi all

Just a quick post from me as I am totally shattered! Thanks for your kind wishes for my first day back at work today! Leaving Rachel at day care this morning was one of the most emotional things that I have ever had to go through in my life! It was so damn hard and I was bawling my eyes out when I left there to catch the train. "Checked in" with them 3 times during the day - she didn't take her bottles very well (took only a total of 140mls all day) and she didn't sleep that well but was apparently full of smiles and cooing all day when she was up so she was obviously happy enough over all. We have had a lovely evening with her - it was so thrilling to come home to her and all her smiles!

But as Steph was told when he picked her up, there is no way they will let her get dehydrated or anything like that - even if it means getting her to take water during the day. So my initial concerns about her milk intake are a bit more relaxed as I know she IS in great hands there.

Everything is done for tomorrow - and Steph is just making my lunch for me so am off to bed shortly as I have a headache... catch ya all later.

Oh - am still working on the new blog so will keep you all posted :)

7 comments:

Kate said...

Well done Mummy, you did great! It will get easier :-)
Go rest.

Lynda said...

Oh that would be so hard! It will get better and yes, I'm sure she is in safe hands.

Anne said...

I must be getting soft, I had tears in my eyes thinking of you leaving her. You know she is great hands thuogh and it will soon be a lot easier.

Chris H said...

You poor thing, I hope things get better over the week and you don't feel so shattered by day's end. Rachel will be fine once she settles into her new routine I'm sure.

Sandra said...

Hi - just catching up with your blog. Glad you haven't gone private - I hate it that so many have gone private and I can't be bothered remembering passwords etc but I do like peering in the window of your life! I keep up with skinnylatte and becks but everyone else who has since gone private, I've just deleted from my list...

So sorry that you've had to go back to work so soon. NZ is really behind the times on that kind of stuff. From April we will get 9 months paid maternity leave in the UK. Not quite as good as Sweden but pretty good.

Anyway - good luck with being a working Mum.

Rachel said...

Glad to hear Rachel had a good day, it will get easier with her feeding and sleeping once she has spent a few more days with the staff there I'm sure.

How did YOU go at work? Was it same old, same old or had lots of things changed in the time you have been off?

Chubbymum said...

Hun I work in a creche and they have soooo many rules and regulations that you know that you child will be looked after and after all hun you chose the creche so it will be a FANTASTIC one because you had your daughter in mind.

It was the hardest thing I had ever done when I put my boys in daycare so I totally understand how you felt.

BIG BIG BIG hugs my friend

Love CM