Friday, March 30, 2007

Wow time sure is flying by.... can't believe it that I last updated on Monday and now here we are on Friday night!

Yay we have survived two weeks in a row at daycare which in turns means mummy and daddy also had two full weeks at their respective jobs! Thats probably why I am so tired! Haven't worked a full two weeks in the office since about September last year!!! Obviously when I was at home with Rachel I was working 24/7 but you know what I am meaning!

Rachel is still having 1 meal a day of solids... did an SOS email to some of you wonderful mummies out there earlier in the week re introducing two solid meals to her and thanks again for your wonderful replies. I did try it one morning and she wasn't really interested so have just stuck to the evening feed for now. Am looking forward to getting some veggies tomorrow to make a batch of veggies for her and then freezing them up for when she is ready.

We had Parent Teacher interviews with Rachel's caregiver on Wednesday night and we discussed our aspirations for Rachel which did seem quite silly but it was a great chance to just chat with her about general day to day stuff.

Her sleeping has been pretty good this week which obviously means that I too have been getting some sleep - still feel pretty tired and run down at times but thats all part of the course of being a full time working mummy!

Just a note to WRAKBW who left a note on a recent post - I certainly know that I am by no means the only working mother but remember this is MY journal and I WILL say what I want to to say and if you don't like it... tough! Don't bother reading it!

This weekend we have Rachel's 5mth jabs on Saturday morning so am not really looking forward to that as it means we will have a very grizzly little girl on our hands Saturday afternoon and could also mean a rough night for us on Saturday. But thats about it for our plans so a nice quiet one hopefully but on saying that there is still housework, washing etc to be done.

Right, time to make tracks - hope you all have a good weekend.

4 comments:

Lyn said...

One thing I remember with giving solids ... I used to buy a tin of baby food and boil a potato to add to it, this would make an expensive little tin last 2 nights, without the hassle of thinking about what to prepare

Chris H said...

Gawd I can remember cooking up huge pots of veges and steak and kidney stew and then moulee'ing it all and freezing it! What a job! With my last two all I can say is thank god for tinned prepared stuff! Lazy me. I hope you don't have too many hassels with today's immunisation.

Anne said...

Hope Rachel (and mum & dad) coped ok with the jabs.

Seemed funny to read you have your first parent/teacher interview:-)

Jules said...

I always find the baby rice the best starter and then onto apples and veges. I was like Chris, moulee'd all the way and then got lazy with Phoebe and turned to the canned stuff. Much cheaper to do up big batches of mouli stuff and freeze, if you can find the time!! I better get onto it too.