Monday, April 09, 2007

A big thank you, thank you, thank you to every one of you who left me a comment or sent me the most touching emails after my last post! You gals all rock and mean so much to me! You have all come up with some brilliant suggestions and ideas... all of which have been read, discussed with Stephan and talked about quite a bit this weekend. The hiring of a treadmill etc to use at home is a fabulous idea but those of you who have been to our house know that there is not a lot of room to spare as it is let alone finding room to put a treadmill but thats not necessarily saying we can't do it but its a matter of space... so its still be talked about. Steph and I have done lots of talking after he read my post so we are doing lots of talking and seeing what we can do to help me get re-motivated and what we can do budget wise so I will keep you all posted but for now it sure is baby steps - one step at a time and I will get there - it may take another couple of years but I will get there!

We have had a great long weekend as I had Thursday off work as well on Annual Leave due to Rachel having Plunket and also a Drs appointment and then we also caught up with two friends who have babies as well. Plunket went well - Rachel is now 7.64 kilos and is 65cm long (only 85 more cm till she is as tall as I am LOL) and her head is measuring 45cm. Plunket nurse was overall very happy with Rachel and is happy with her solids intake. Drs appt went well too - Gillian is also pleased with Rachel overall and we got some antibiotic cream for Rachel's big toes as the nail on both toes are growing funny (apparently babies don't get ingrown toe nails but thats more or less what she has) so we just have to massage the cream in twice a day which Rachel doesn't like but these things need to be done!

Friday was a very social day for us - catching up with my friends Sharlene, Frank and Freda in the morning. Frank hadn't seen Rachel since she was approx 1 week old as everytime we seem to pop in there he is at work! Then after lunch (and a sleep for Rachel) we went and checked out Steph's sister's new house around the corner from us then after home for another sleep, we went down to our friends Lynaire and Kev's place for fish 'n' chips and a good catch up. Rachel was very well behaved considering how much we had been out and about all day.

Saturday - I had my haircut in the morning (although its a wee bit too short for my liking right now) before we headed to Queensgate Shopping Centre and to see the Bank. We left the bank feeling a bit better about our financial situation so hopefully we will be able to get back on our feet... Grabbed Easter Eggs for the nieces/nephews from the Warehouse and did a bit of walking around before grabbing a bite to eat at the Foodcourt. I had the yummiest Shusi for lunch and felt great for making a healthy choice! We ran into Janene and Jorja and their friend Phillipa while there and Rachel really wanted to make an impression on Janene so promptly threw up all over her within seconds of being in her arms! Oooops! I feel so bad about that but I know it was beyond our control. Rachel then had a quiet afternoon at home while I hit the Supermarket for groceries. Quiet evening at home while I made a Peach Cake for dessert for our family meal on Sunday.

Sunday - hit the road early to head up to Mums for Easter Lunch. My sister, her partner and his girls were there also as well as my sisters eldest son who lives around the corner from Mum. It was a great catch up with lunch consisting of roast pork and roast lamb along with a huge variety of veggies. Then dessert was Peach cake, fresh fruit salad and a pavalova. I only had the Peach cake which I must admit was quite delicious! :) After lunch and the dishes had been done, we went for a walk to the beach as it was such a brilliant day! In fact, it was better than the weather we had Christmas time up there! Rachel was so well behaved given all the attention she was getting from her cousins and aunty etc... She slept well in the portacot too which was a relief :)

Today - a quiet day at home though we did do a quick visit to Stephs brothers place this morning to drop the kids easter eggs off. Rachel had a lovely time before just sitting out on the deck with me watching the trees moving gently in the breeze.

I can't believe how much she is growing these days... and the interaction we have with her now is unbelievable and so much fun! We got a 3 generation photo taken yesterday while at Mums but it is NOT a good photo at all so I think I will wait until we get a better one before sharing it with you. She is almost rolling now - gets 1/2 way there and then lays there for a wee while before rolling back... her giggle is so contagious too! She is enjoying her solids for dinner too... have had a couple of days with fruit in the mornings - am playing that one by ear as some days she finishes her bottle so quickly and wants more yet other days she is not interested in anything after her bottle.

Anyway, speaking of her - she has woken from her afternoon nap, so best I get moving... but before I go I will share my current favourite photo of her. Have a good week everyone.

10 comments:

Jaxx said...

Oh what a sweetie....

I hope things work out for you with the bank, financial issues make life so stressful.

Take care Jaxx

Sue said...

She is such a gorgeous little girl!

Whatever else is going on in your lives, she must bring you continual joy.

Lil said...

Hey Karen,
Glad you had such a great easter and long weekend!The photo of Rachel is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
Lil xox

Tania said...

Oh Karen - she's such a gorgeous little thing! Kind of puts things into perspective when you look at photos like that doesn't it? You will find the answers you need to achieve what you want to do, it just takes time.

Glad to hear you've had a nice weekend!

Anne said...

What a darling little girl. Just adorable and once again love those eyese!! She really looks like she is a real little character.

Chris H said...

Haaa haaa ha, just had to laugh about bubby chukking over Janene, I'm sure Janene took it well.... butter wouldn't melt by the look of your wee girl.. she just grows more adorable. You are sooo lucky, Rachel has such an expressive face, she screams "Happy" !

Lyn said...

You're sounding so much happier today :)

Dontcha love it when the kids embarrase us like that?? lol, but I'm sure Janene took it in her stride.

And in regards to your comment on my blog, I'm very much looking forward to the day we have that coffee!!

Lynda said...

Wow, look at your beautiful little girl!

Kate said...

Awww look at her - she is growing up! So cute :-)

Name: Lynise said...

I love hearing you talk about your daughter. The love you have for her just springs off the page. Isn't it amazing how much you are able to fall in love with another human being. I never really thought of myself as very clucky until I had my own daughter and realised that I would do absolutely anything to protect her. They grow up so darn fast, my nine year old has been asking for a brother or sister for ages now and seeing all the pic's of babies on blogs makes me realise that I don't want to go through life with my daughter being an only child. (only problem is that I'm in the process of seperating,,, so it sort of makes things a bit more difficult. lol)