Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hi ya

Just thought I would do a quick update before heading to bed and while watching NCIS - I am so glad that has come back as it is one of my favourite programmes! I love Outrageous Fortune too but might have to tape it this season as it is not starting till 9.30pm and finishing at 10.30pm which is past my bedtime! I am pretty sure that last season it was on at this time too but it was on a Friday evening which makes a lot of difference!

Well what's been happening - not a lot really - have had 3 great nights of sleeping from Rachel so the steroids have definitely been working though her last dose of that was yesterday morning so am waiting with baited breath as to how tonight goes but upon talking to a lady at work whose friends baby recently had croup - she said that once the steroids break the cough that GENERALLY they are ok afterwards so fingers crossed. She still coughs a bit during the day but no where near as bad as it was a week or so ago.

Rachel is now rolling everywhere and anywhere she can - her favourite place being under the coffee table and under the clothes horse! She is now getting on all fours and going backwards so am sure it is now only a matter of time before she will be going forwards! Really do need to move a few bits and pieces in the lounge real soon and must get the safety gate we have been talking about so she is restricted from the kitchen for the time being - oh her biggest fascination in there is the rubbish bin of course!

Oh I have sussed out how to use the video component on my new cellphone so have been having fun taking videos of Rachel chatting away so now just need to suss out how to download it to the computer then I may try to post one on here if I can...

On to week 2 of my medication and had a real bad day yesterday with the side effects really hitting me hard! But today was a lot better thank goodness as I don't know how well I could have coped had it been that bad again. I must ring the Dr and make my appointment for my follow up with her in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, time I was moving - hope you are all having a good week.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

OOO hurry up and figure out how to post videos of Rachel... I havn't seen her moving ever!!!! The one and only time I saw her she was still tiny and asleep in her carseat!

Lyn said...

I'm glad Rachel is feeling a bit better. Very scary when young ones get sick. You're a great mum!!

Anne said...

That's great to hear Rachel is getting better. Life changes when they start to move!!

Don't forget to follow up with your appt. with the Dr - maybe there could be an alternative medication if you have too much bother with the side effects.

Rachel said...

Yay for poor little Rach getting over the croup.....nasty thing.
I bet 3 good nights sleep in a row has paid off.

I know of a couple of people taking similar medication to you and they are also having quite bad side effects, so keep at it sweets because it will kick in.

Can't wait to see Rachel crawling around, everything in the house will have to go up a level.

Tania said...

Oh, can't wait to see the video footage! Don't they just love touching the things they shouldn't, baby gates are the best inventions around, but damn annoying for us ... lol

Sorry to hear you had a bad day on the meds, i'm sure things will settle down as your body adjust.

Jaxx said...

Great to here Rach is getting better... When Chris was little he had bad croup and what was interesting how the doctors could not decide if it was croup or asthma in the end.. One doctor would say asthma and then next time another would say croup... so annoying - anyway have a nice Sunday

Jaxx

Felicity said...

great to hear Miss Muffett is feeling better long may that last Hun.

Sue said...

Hi Karen. Catching up on everyone's news after my break from blogland. Really glad you got to the doctor to take care of yourself. Don't feel like a fraud - PND is different for everyone and if you left it untreated it could get much worse. You deserve every chance you can to feel relaxed and happy.