Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Right, I thought I would make the time to do an update even though there isn't a lot to talk about really.

Well there is the job that I really wanted to apply for - only 5 mins from home (max) doing something slightly different to what I am now... but found out the salary range and it is about a $13K DROP!!! Even after taking off transport costs etc, we would still be short of about $300 in the hand per month and there is no way we can afford that! So the search goes on... and on... and on... am sure the right job is out there somewhere for me!

I did well with my water intake today - approx 2 litres! Most impressed and definitely the most water I have drunken in one day for a long time! Tried going without my Coke Zero and lasted till about 3pm when I "just had to have it" - had a thumping headache and it did go once I had my drink. I know I will have to go through the withdrawal symptoms when I do give it up but then again how bad is ONE can of Coke Zero a day??? Well apart the additives etc that are in there but that's beside the point! LOL

Gotta also come up with some ideas for afternoon tea snacks... fruit doesn't seem to do it for me nor does rice crackers. Oh the cheaper the better too... our grocery budget is very tight.

Right, feeling a bit down tonight, think I will head to bed. Catch ya all later

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi Karen, what about trying caffeine free diet coke, its a way to get you off the coke addiction, easily and painlessly too. Glad to see you updating regularly.Have a good day tomorrow,

Cheers

Janine said...

too am a coke zero addict....I hate Diet coke, but will happily drink coke zero. In the scheme of things I don't think 1 is going to do any harm, it is sugar free of course, and if you are getting your water intake in it should be fine. I tend to have a rule that I can only have 1 coke zero for lunch if I have got through my mornings water;

Anne said...

Shame about the job. Have you checked as with the reduction in salary you could be entitled to family assistance which could top up income.

Afternoon tea - just some thoughts:
Lite Salada or other cracker with tomato or small cheese serve
Tub of Yogurt
Dried apricots
Do different variety fruits, e.g. small fresh fruit salad
WW jelly made with 1 cup water then 1 cup yoghurt
Dry roast extra veges at tonight and some of those
A couple of brazil nuts

Jules said...

That's a fantastic water intake!!

I quite like a handful of nuts at afternoon tea, they get me through till dinner. One of my fav snacks at the mo are those Tasti dried apricots, they are really juicy and yummy. Or maybe you could buy a pack of Corn Thins (cracked pepper and lemon are awesome) with a small spread of philadephia cream cheese, you can buy them in the little tubs so you could snap some off and take to work?? Yum, hungry!!

As for the job, it will come along, put it out there positively and it will come. Where do you live again, Upper or Lower Hutt??

Chris H said...

I hope a new and better job comes your way soon mate. There is nothing wrong with Diet Coke/Coke Zero!!! NOTHING! If it was harmful is would say so on the bottle... and that's all I am gunna say about it!

Anonymous said...

A Banana?

Tania said...

Fingers crossed another job opportunity presents itself soon!

Being conscious of what you're drinking is a great start - I love my diet soft drinks but usually "reward" myself with them after drinking my water, it works for me!

Always good to see you blogging, even if it is only from time to time!

As to snacks - do you have Annette Sym cookbooks in NZ? If I don't feel like fruit, rice crackers or yoghurt, I have a snack from one of her cookbooks, all of which are low fat.