Saturday, February 07, 2009

Thanks to those of you who left comments after my last post only 4 days ago! Wow this must be a miracle - 2 updates within a week of each other!

Jules - you have raised some bloody good points in your comment and some of them have hit home and others I am still thinking about :) But yes I have been going over my old blog and yes I was updating almost every day when I was on my way down on the scales so that is one thing I want to get back into so watch this space.... :)

Am enjoying this long weekend, yesterday we had a pixi foto session booked for Rachel which ended up being a nightmare as she would NOT do anything she was asked either by myself or the photographer!!! Only reason we did it was that I entered some competition back in December and although we didn't win, we could pay the sitting fee of $7.50 and get a portrait sitting (10" x 13") free though the conditions did state that it was the first shot that was the freebie so fingers crossed that it was ok! We certainly don't have a spare $345 laying around to buy the set of 6 poses especially considering the uncooperative mood madam was in! So two weeks to wait until we get to see the finished results! We may be pleasantly surprised but part of me is hoping they are awful so I am not tempted to spend money we certainly don't have!

Ended up doing a couple of hrs of incedental exercise earlier on when I went on a mini housework spree! And trust me those do NOT happen often in this house! LOL First it was the bathroom and toilet, then Steph took Rachel out so I cranked up the stereo big time and tackled the vacuming (and dancing to footloose), cleaned the oven door (spilt dinner down the inside of the door last night), cleaned the cupboard doors, moved the dining room furniture, mopped the floor (Kitchen, bathroom, toilet), brought in the washing, hung out more washing and was just about to fold the washing when they arrived home! Was shattered by the end of that but it felt good to get it done.

Stephan is currently fixing the gates so Rachel can not escape! She had worked out how to open the previous latches but not that you needed to pull the gate too but it would not take her long. So we have put on new latches which will take a lot more effort to work them out! Will even take a bit more muscle for me to open them!

We have a 21st to go to tonight (must wrap the present) so we have Rachel's godmother Jo coming to babysit and then once she is here, we are going to have dinner in Lower Hutt somewhere before heading to the party. It's not going to be a late night though as we are both tired and I have had a headache off and on all day.

Time I was off my butt and get my daughter's tea organised (left overs from our tea last night) and have a shower etc...

Catch ya all later

8 comments:

Anne said...

I also thought Jules had some good points. Blogging is the only weight loss tool I have now. It really does help to write, even if you are having a crappy day. I know you had it in you before, and I'm sure the right time will come and you will be away again. Maybe just a couple of small changes, then keep on working on it.

Janine said...

Hope you had a fantastic night out. It is great to see another post from you as well. I really do think that Jules kinda hit the nail on the head with how often you blogged earlier and 10 mins every couple of days invested in you and your needs will make you a Happy Mummy and therefore a happy Rachel.

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

I hope that you and Stephan enjoyed your night out - and that you are headache free by tomorrow.

Tania said...

Ooohh hope you're having a fabulous night out - you deserve it!

Nods head in agreement - I often send the kids over to the rumpus room with daddy while I crank up the stereo in the main part of the house and get the housework done - i'm not game to admit what i'm listening to though ... lol

Jules said...

Sorry to be so outspoken but I am here to help and I appreciate the same honesty back from all my bloggie buddies too because often it isn't the encouragement, the good on yous, or the you can do it comments, it's the hard hitting ones that make you sit up and take stock of life.

I got one of these from my brother via Facebook two weeks ago. I was online whinging to him about Blair getting the job at Ontrack because I really thought a change would be good and now I was not feeling so great about staying put etc. My brother (bless his arrogant arse!!) told me to "Harden the Fuck Up and to get on with life and start doing instead of complaining. No one else is going to do it for you". I typed back "thanks for that!" went offline and cried. And then I asked a great friend of mine to give it to me straight. And that is when she said to me that I am always doing what others want, being what others expect, I eat to fill the void of the things I really want in my life. I feel sorry for myself when I have no right to. I am the one that can change my direction and the only one. I don't want to sit in an office 8 hours a day submitting myself to corporate bullshit just to bring in an income. I am a hippie at heart but struggle to be that side of myself because others around me are disapproving. All of these personal sacrifices I am making are affecting me, I have no motivation and I make excuses every day for why I am overweight or why I can't do exercise or eat right. But as Jen and my brother pointed out to me, I am the only one that can change that. And so I am ....

and I know you can too, I have seen you do it before and I was constantly so in awe of your awesome results. Find your inner you and go for it darling lady. Kisses xxxxx

x said...

Hope you had a great night out and that headache didn't come back.

btw...its nice to see you blogging again :O)

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back blogging! AND Dancing :0)