Monday, March 16, 2009

Hi all

Stayed the same this week... was a bit disappointed as I had jumped on the scales on Sunday morning and was down 1.1 kilos so was expecting a good result this morning. Not sure what happened in 24 hrs but never mind - that's life and life sure can be a bitch at times.

Rachel is doing well - becoming very independant and wanting to do everything herself which is very trying at times but I do love the way she does try to help around the home. Especially when she was helping mummy tidy up yesterday, she would pick things up and bring them to me to put away! LOL We had a couple of nice walks at the weekend - really wonderful walking at her pace and taking everything in. We did the big block which I could normally do in no more than 20 mins but it took Rachel and I a full hour but it was lots of fun.

We have my nephews wedding this Friday in Otaki so we are heading away for the weekend to stay up at Mums giving us the opportunity to catch up with my brothers who are coming over from Aussie and up from Christchurch. So it will be a fun long weekend for us and we are keeping our fingers crossed for a nice day as it is a garden wedding. I now have about 3 options for an outfit thanks to some amazing generosity of friends! Especially this one woman from the Parenting Forum I belong to (and have her on facebook) and she answered an SOS I had on Facebook asking me what size etc and said she would send some clothes down to me to borrow. They arrived today and when I emailed her to say that they had arrived, she has changed her mind and said I am able to keep them all (5 tops)!!! What a woman and I will be buying her a wee thank you gift this week! And when I was at a friends place on Friday night, she offered me the use of an amazing red dress (with black shots through it) plus also a couple of tops. Bar a couple of tops which are just a little bit tight, they all fit me and I am in heaven! I do love the Internet at times!!!

Right, time I was heading to bed and am hoping that Rachel will sleep a bit longer than this morning when she was awake just after 5am!! Though she is good and stays in bed chatting to her toys until we go into her room!

Catch ya all later

3 comments:

Janine said...

I am so pleased you were able to find a nice outfit for the wedding. Isn't the internet wonderful for meeting new people.

Anne said...

That's great that you found something nice to wear to the wedding! Have a lovely time caatching up with your family.

Tania said...

Hope the wedding went well today and that you're having a fabulous weekend. It's amazing how many generous people are out there - I bet you looked lovely.

Fingers crossed the scales will be nicer to you this week.